Cheraw State Park
Cheraw Beach
State Park Bath House--Cheraw State Park became the first State Park in South Carolina in 1934 when the residents of Cheraw donated 704 acres of land to the State. The State Park bathhouse built by the C.C.C. in the early 1940's is shown here as photographed by Mabel Thomas.
Sunday afternoon at Cheraw Beach was a busy scene with swimmers, spectators, and the people who came from as far as Charlotte.  One Fourth of July the number of people was reported to be ten-thousand.  (Photo from "Historic Chesterfield County" and the collection of Ms. Margie Wannamaker.) 

Click Here to go back to the "Cheraw in Photos" Page.